On Tue, Nov 01, 2022 at 12:42:10PM +0000, Maurice McCarthy wrote:
> I think you are asking for a world of grief.

Not really, just be careful when installing any additional OS on a
multiboot system. They like to trample on each others toes.

In the OpenBSD installer be careful and do not select whole disk.

> sda5 is likely to be on an extended partition. That is trouble booting.

This is GPT and EFI. I had no trouble booting OpenBSD from large offsets.
Btw. you can use the linux efibootmgr to set a menu entry for OpenBSD.
With that you can use the boot menu to select what to boot.

> You cannot use the linux swap partition easily, though it might be
> possible, reformatting on change of operation system, ???!!!

I would not reuse swap partitions. Mainly because hibernate uses swap to
store the image. So if you hibernate and boot into a different OS that
would destroy your image.

> I'd advise against even trying. Unless you enjoy pain, that is.

Honestly there is no big issue if your careful and have backups ready.
Sure it is far easier to install on individual disks but heck not every
system has that luxury.

--
:wq Claudio