On 2022-11-14 13:54:18, Nick Holland wrote:

Wild guess, but I suspect that your BIOS isn't setting the marker
that /boot uses to see the pressing of the CTRL key on your system
with a USB keyboard.  /boot is pretty much dependent upon your
system BIOS doing The Right Thing, as the OS hasn't loaded yet.
So other than looking at Other Things, I'm not sure there's an
OpenBSD fix for this.

Do you think it would be possible to introduce a 3sec timeout to press
the fabulous "any" key on pc0 to avoid that boot switches over to com0?
Apparently boot can read the USB keyboard if the boot prompt is not
redirected to com0.

Does your machine accept a PS/2 keyboard?  If so, does CTRL work
as expected there?

No PS/2 socket. Its an Axiomtek network appliance.

Regards

Harri