On 2022-12-02, Sven F. <sven.falem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 11:33 AM Stuart Henderson
><stu.li...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 2022-12-02, Sven F. <sven.falem...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Main problem is the kernel goes into a loop and never break,
>> > so no ddb
>> > I have similar setups (same driver and stack) , and this one only
>> > is more prone to the error, even if the virt / qemu driver is partly
>> > responsible
>> > the kernel should not loop the `scsi_xfer pool exhausted`
>> > message for ever and maybe fall into ddb after a while or
>> > handle this differently.
>> >
>> > Is there's step I can do to avoid or better document the bug ?
>> > ( i would very much like not upgrading 7.2 just yet this one )
>> >
>> >  * I had eye on it :
>> >
>> > load averages:  5.22,  2.50,  1.74
>> > 111 processes: 3 running, 107 idle, 1 on processor
>> > CPU states:  0.0% user,  0.0% nice, 34.3% sys,  0.0% spin,  0.0% intr,
>> > 65.7% idle
>> > Memory: Real: 1101M/1915M act/tot Free: 24K Cache: 96M Swap: 1012M/1012M
>>
>> You have run out of RAM, don't do that
>>

> Okay i will tweak login.conf more, but what did run out of ram :'(

Your 2GB VM that you're trying to run a database on ran out of RAM.

Tweaking login.conf won't help. You either need to add RAM or change
something so the software you're running uses less RAM. (You might
possibly avoid some hangs by increasing swap space, but running a
database in swap really isn't going to work).