Le 03/12/2022 à 21:51, Adriano Barbosa a écrit :
On Sat, Dec 03, 2022 at 06:01:38PM +0100, Joel Carnat wrote:
Le 02/12/2022 à 10:21, Bodie a écrit :
On Fri Dec 2, 2022 at 12:14 AM CET, Joel Carnat wrote:
Hi,

About once a week, Xorg freezes while I'm using my ThinkPad A485 with OpenBSD
7.2. I've tried switching the window manager (XFCE, Gnome, WindowMaker, cwm)
but it still happens. I only have a few apps opened (Firefox ESR, a terminal, a
file manager). Tonight, I had just rebooted the system (because of syspatch and
fw_update) and uptime was 1H30. The other times, I could suspend/resume a few
times until freeze happened.

Xorg is frozen in the sense that the cursor can only move but can't interact
with windows. Same for the keyboard, no shortcuts works. I can't even switch to
console with Ctrl+Alt+F1. I'm stuck with a screenshot-like of what I was doing.

Note that sshd does work. I can remotely connect to the laptop. If I restart
xenodm/gdm, it just fails. So I have to ˋrebootˋ.

dmesg only outputs:
[drm] *ERROR* ring sdma0 timeout, signaled seq=19512, emitted seq=19512
[drm] *ERROR* Process information: process  pid 0 thread  pid

I've attached the full dmesg and Xorg logs.

Is there something I can do to debug further?

What is happening in other parts? Like top(1), systat(1), vmstat(8),....
Any modifications in /etc/sysctl.conf for more files, connections,......
What login class are you in?

Oh, it seems nextcloud (Nextcloud Client) taking a bunch of resources (about
80% CPU in top) has to be killed from ssh. Then Xorg starts responding
again...

What is weird is that issuing various commands in SSH do not suffer from
this freeze / slow effects. Only the X environment.

Did you experience this on older versions?
Last update I added a build dependency (x11/gnome/libcloudproviders)
as a significant difference besides the upgrade itself, but I have no
reason to think that is the cause.
Could you test without this dependency?

The version I'm using is 3.6.1p0.

Cheers,