The current "slogan" for 3.8 is "Free, Functional & Secure". My opinion
is that it presents the project goals well in 4 simple words. It is not
boastful, remember "Nothing is Impossible", or aims to create false
belief/concept. We have our fair share of those, just switch on your TV.

Theo and others did and are still doing a great job in sticking to the
project goals. Didn't know how the "Secure By Default" phrase came
about, I do agree that it can be misleading for your case. You could
refer your mother or nontechnical friends to the Project Goals page(not
too long, 2 pages on my system). Also, I believe Theo and others would
give it some consideration if you can come up with a better "slogan".

Regards

--
  Andrew Ng
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]