Hello Rudolf,

On 1/1/23 16:59, Rudolf Leitgeb wrote:
Coming from a C/C++ background, I would assume, that a range from
200 to 600 comprises numbers would start at 200 and reach as far
as 599. This would be in sync with all STL functions for iterating
through collections or for extracting ranges.

As long as you need two random numbers to craft seconds and
microseconds values, it will be anything but easy to create
a uniform distribution going from 200.0000000 all the way up
to and including 600.000000. As others have already pointed
out, your initially proposed fix certainly does not achieve this.

Yes, I was wrong. However, please check my patch 2/2 recently sent to the list. There are a few other cases, and I think some of them may be actual bugs.

Thanks,

Alex

--
<http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>