Hi everyone,

I've requested a static IP from my ISP a long time ago and I figured out
that my ISP binds my IP based on a MAC address which is connected to my WAN
port.

I was thinking about switching from Debian Linux to OpenBSD on my router,
but I can't figure out how to change my MAC address.

I've tried the the following configurations for my /etc/hostname.em0 (I'm
testing this in VirtualBox):
#
inet autoconf lladdr 00:11:22:33:44:55
#

#
lladdr 00:11:22:33:44:55
inet autoconf
#

#
inet autoconf
lladdr 00:11:22:33:44:55
#
In all of those configurations, my lladdr gets changed to 00:11:22:33:44:55
but the inet line is missing from ifconfig which means that my network
isn't working.

I have found this old (2012) blog post:
https://andrewmemory.wordpress.com/2012/12/06/changing-mac-address-on-openbsd/

Which suggested:
"Linux has /etc/network/interfaces, and OpenBSD has /etc/hostname.if. I
just changed my /etc/hostname.vr1 to:

dhcp lladdr 00:11:22:33:44:55

and I was requesting an IP address using my new MAC address"

If I do that my inet line is present and my network/internet is working,
but my lladdr line isn't changed.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Tomaz