Thanks for the tips. I opened up the case and checked the cables,
nothing obviously damaged or poorly connected, but certainly dusty in
there. I reseated the cables and rebooted into single-user mode. fsck
-f on each partition didn't reveal any issues, but after rebooting
again the ahci0 errors went away. However, the reorder_kernel error
remained.

BUT your pointers got me to think "maybe the files in
/usr/share/relink/kernel/GENERIC.MP/ are corrupt and overwriting them
might fix things." I didn't know the best way to go about doing that,
so I forced an OS "update" via bsd.rd and what do you know, things
seem to be running smoothly again, relinking/reodering and everything.

I may have a failing harddrive, but for now this immediate problem
seems to be resolved.

Thanks!
-Nick