> The operating system has other tools for ensuring data integrity and
> compactness."

I can confirm you this statement:
1) With OpenBSD and FFS you can remain enough quite and there is no
way of comparison with any other OS.
2) You need to set your supporting backups almost at the important checkpoints.

I.e: yesterday I just discovered tracker3 browsing and I found myself
in the midde of a data recovery of just the storage device containing
my work (50gb of plain data)... DUP over DUP sectors, omg so serious,
my first time in decades.. I passed by a manual ffs_chk fixing everything
and deleting one file I neither lost the latter one..
Fragmentation stable at 0.01%.

I guess other guys can quote to us almost the techical features names that
are involved to arrive to this given (AS-IS) *data reissurance* of OpenBSD.