>> I am in trouble to set up gitweb with httpd. I am not aware with webersever.
>
> First thing to notice is that most web server (httpd(8) from base but
> also a few of the ones you can get from ports) on OpenBSD runs by
> default in the /var/www chroot.

Problem arising, although it is about Gitweb, /var/www is chrooted by design.

Two considerations to add in the thread:
- as per suggestion of Omar not using chroot means indirectly trust Gitweb cgi
- /var/www chrooted by design miss any chroot granular configuration at app
level
  like it is with open_basedir for php (and phpfpm). However this design choise
is a means
  to a secure environment..it is like that for pf, ubound and so forth..

I come also from many troubles caused by /var/www chrooted expecially
configuring
NextCloud because I was mounting on www, etc.. (by memory)

I don't know..is there the option to make a port of Gitweb, eventually?
-- Daniele Bonini