Hello

I have two devices around here. Let's call one devA and one devB.
devB is my main OpenBSD workstation devA is some kind of gaming device
which has a normal 2 channel audio jack. I want to connect the line out
connector of devA to the line-in of devB and listen to both devices
with my headphone amplifier connected to out/spdif of devB. In analog
mode this works beside the poor quality of the mainboard which seems
to generate a lot of noise. When switching to SPDIF the noise is gone
but the line-in output is gone too. (btw noise is not coming from devA
already checked that)

I switched to SPDIF with the following mixerctl(8) command
`mixerctl -t outputs.mode=digital`

I tried to set the "SPDIF_source" to something different but mixerctl
states "Bad enum value ...". Is there any chance to mix the line-in
with the default output like I did in analog mode? What am I missing
here? In azalia(4) the outputs.mode and record.mode can both be set to
analog or digital as far as I unterstand line-in should be record?

I'm running OpenBSD 7.2 GENERIC.MP#6 amd64

dmesg |grep audio
---
azalia1 at pci10 dev 0 function 1 "ATI Renoir HD Audio" rev 0x00: msi
azalia2 at pci10 dev 0 function 6 "AMD 17h/1xh HD Audio" rev 0x00: apic\
14 int 12
audio0 at azalia2
---

mixerctl -a
---
inputs.dac-0:1=126,126
inputs.dac-4:5=126,126
inputs.dac-2:3=126,126
inputs.dac-6:7=126,126
record.adc-0:1_mute=off
record.adc-0:1=128,128
record.adc-2:3_mute=off
record.adc-2:3=128,128
inputs.mix_source=mic,mic2,line-in,hp,line2,line3
inputs.mix_mic=120,120
inputs.mix_mic2=120,120
inputs.mix_line-in=120,120
inputs.mix_hp=120,120
inputs.mix_line2=120,120
inputs.mix_line3=120,120
inputs.mix2_source=dac-0:1,mix
inputs.mix3_source=dac-4:5,mix
inputs.mix4_source=dac-2:3,mix
inputs.mix5_source=dac-6:7,mix
outputs.line_source=mix2
outputs.line_mute=off
outputs.line_boost=off
outputs.line_eapd=on
outputs.line2_source=mix3
outputs.line2_mute=off
outputs.line2_dir=output
outputs.line3_source=mix4
outputs.line3_mute=off
outputs.line3_dir=output
outputs.mic_source=mix8
outputs.mic_mute=off
inputs.mic=85,85
outputs.mic_dir=input-vr80
outputs.mic2_source=mix2
outputs.mic2_mute=off
inputs.mic2=85,85
outputs.mic2_dir=input-vr80
outputs.mic2_boost=off
outputs.line-in_source=mix2
outputs.line-in_mute=off
inputs.line-in=85,85
outputs.line-in_dir=input
outputs.hp_source=mix5
outputs.hp_mute=off
inputs.hp=85,85
outputs.hp_dir=output
outputs.hp_boost=off
outputs.hp_eapd=on
outputs.SPDIF_source=dig-dac-0:1
record.adc-2:3_source=mic,mic2,line-in,hp,line2,line3,mix
record.adc-0:1_source=mic,mic2,line-in,hp,line2,line3,mix
inputs.dac-8:9=126,126
inputs.mix8_source=dac-8:9,mix
outputs.line_sense=unplugged
outputs.line2_sense=unplugged
outputs.line3_sense=unplugged
outputs.mic_sense=unplugged
outputs.mic2_sense=unplugged
outputs.line-in_sense=plugged
outputs.hp_sense=unplugged
outputs.master=126,126
outputs.master.mute=off
outputs.master.slaves=dac-0:1,dac-6:7,line,hp
record.volume=128,128
record.volume.mute=off
record.volume.slaves=adc-0:1,adc-2:3
outputs.mode=digital