On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 02:40:45PM -0500, Daniel Ouellet wrote:
> >No idea if it even compiles nowadays, especially on OpenBSD, though. And
> >I don't know how this thing talks to video cards. Theo seems to indicate
> >that working with video cards pretty much requires a good dose of
> >'evil'.
>
> May be we just run a workstation dedicated to remotely connect to other
> workstations, or servers that run X server only where it's needed and
> that have no video card in these servers or workstations! (:>
>
> May be I will just continue and stick with the ssh terminal only.

That would make the workstation - which would be running the X server -
a quite interesting target. Not that good an idea, I think.

Then again, don't overestimate the danger of X either - it's certainly
an interesting way of breaking into a system, and might be dangerous
given the proper set of circumstances, but for many systems more
conventional attacks (like weak passwords+sshd) are more deserving of
our worries.

                Joachim