On 2023-04-14, deich...@placebonol.com <deich...@placebonol.com> wrote:
> The Intel 710 only works with Intel brand optics.  It is possible you can
> find optics which will report as Intel, though I've never tried.
>
> I do use FlexOptix programmable optics in various network devices.  When I
> get to the office I'll plug in the programmer and see if it can code Intel
> optic info.

I have FS and FlexOptix SFP and SFP+ (various LX, SR, LR) in X710-based cards,
I don't remember what they're vendor-coded as (probably either Intel or Cisco
for the FS, and either Intel or generic for the FlexOptix).

It might vary between card firmware too, I don't recall having problems with
these (they've been installed for a while though - still running 7.0 on some
of them).