> I'm generally interested in what is available for the exact machine I am
> running on.

You could use `pkg_info -a -Q` which searches all the repositories.
>From the pkg_info man page:
     -Q substring
             Show the names of all packages in the first repository of the
             package search path containing the substring in the stems of
             their package names.  A stem is a package name with all version
             and flavor suffixes removed; see pkg_add(1) for more details on
             stems.  If -a is also specified, show the names of all matching
             packages in all repositories instead.