Selon Denny White <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> team. :-) I know the obsd os supports scanners, but I can't
> seem to find a good recommendation. I also don't understand

OpenBSD should support pretty much any scanner that SANE supports.

> & backends, but it's not in my /usr/ports/graphics. Is this
> because I'm running _3_8 & not current, or could I be doing

Yes, sane-{backends,frontends} was imported after 3.8 was released.

> GENERIC kernel with very little change. I think the only change
> I did to it was to enable DUMMY_NOPS which it comments as

You're running an unsupported kernel.

> So, just need some input on any luck anyone has had with usb scanners.

I, for one, am very happy with my Epson USB scanner. I can scan via USB and via
the LAN too.

> Any input greatly appreciated.

If you want to install SANE on OpenBSD, you can either :
- grab the -current port and try to complile it under 3.8 (unsupported, don't
ask questions if you have problems)
- wait for 3.9 to be released
- upgrade to -current

Hope that helps....