I don't have any other 2.5G capable hardware so I tested by connecting the
interfaces to eachother and placed them in different routing domains. With
pf disabled I reach about 925 Mbit/sec sustained average with iperf3 in
either direction, and a bit more with OpenBSD's own tcpbench(1) which
averages at 940-ish Mbit/sec: the maximum of plain gigabit Ethernet.

It's a bit puzzling that it lands exactly at the limit of 1 gigabit, since
ifconfig confirms that the link has negotiated 2500T full duplex. During
the test the machine is running at boost frequency of 2900 MHz (aka "2001
MHz" in Intel Speedstep lingo), and nothing from top(1) suggests that it's
even close to being stressed out. Though I notice that all 30-35% of "intr"
load happens on a single core.

No signs of rge(4) timing out or dropping link or similar. I don't have the
4-port expansion, only the two on-board RTL8125B NICs.