On Wed, Apr 19, 2023 at 06:09:06AM -0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2023-04-18, S V <ner...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, misc@!
> >
> > I'm using ARM64/current and see that my audio chip got detected by
> > simpleaudio
> > but OpenBSD can't attach audio to it
> >
> > Any suggestions on there to start reading? I'm not developer,
> > but I tried to read different match/attach functions
> > in simpleaudio.c/audio.c with no result for now.
>
> Fortunately you don't need to be a programmer to add some code that
> will help you figure out more about what's going on.
>
> Try adding printf()s to simpleaudio_attach_deferred() to check if that
> function is called and, if so, see how far it gets.
>
> I guess it might hit one of the "return"s before actually attaching, so
> for example you could add printf before+after the various return
> statements to see if they were triggered.
>
> While you can just printf some text that you write to identify them,
> you can save a bit of time by sprinkling some of these which use the
> C features to include the function name/line number:
>
>   printf("... %s line %d\n", __func__, __LINE__);

Yup.  Also we don't appear to have support for nuvoton,nau8822, so that
might be a hindrance.  simpleaudio is merely a meta-node that combines
all the necessary HW pieces for a audio path.  This usually needs some-
thing that does I2S (transfers audio), speakers and... probably some-
thing else I forgot.  Your simpleaudio node shows two pieces, referenced
through the phandles 00000031 and 00000032.  You should look these up
to see what drivers you need to implement.