Thank you. I reviewed that approach. I don't have a proper machine (machine
with vmm) to give this a try.
Although I do wish to know what is wrong with my approach. If the
aws-openbsd works then this approach should also  work. Its more
accessible. Both are using /dev/sda1 for the EBS device name.
```
--root-device-name /dev/sda1 --virtualization-type hvm \
--description "${DESCR}" --block-device-mappings \
DeviceName="/dev/sda1"
```.