On 2023-05-10, David Diggles <da...@elven.com.au> wrote:
> My ISP provides connection via DHCP.
>
> Every 5 minutes or so when dhcpleased is renewing the lease,
> my default route disappears for a few seconds.

That isn't supposed to happen. I just checked on a machine which has
10 minute leases and I don't see that problem or those log messages.

I'd run dhcpleased in the foreground with debug logging and collect a
couple of cycle's worth to see if that gives any clues. Saving a
packet capture might be useful too ("tcpdump -i cnmac2 -s1500 -w
/tmp/dhcp.pcap port 67 or 68").

> Definitely I'll be looking at requesting a longer lease by
> putting a setting in /etc/dhclient.conf but is there any way
> I can stop the default route disappearing with each renew event?

dhcpleased doesn't support this yet though it would certainly be a
feature that's useful to have.