This issue seems to be related to hardware limits eg. not enough RAM.
I came across these errors on a 1gig openbsd.amsterdam VM (thanks mischa
for your great service!!)
But all the mentioned go projects build fine on larger OpenBSD-VMs (eg.
4gig exoscale VM) and this builds run fine on the smaller VM.

Thanks Stuart for helping out again and verifying the build step.