Hi list

I think I have found a typo in the pf NAT FAQ here:
https://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/nat.html. In the
"Configuring NAT" section it says:

  The general format in pf.conf looks something like this:

  match out on interface [af] \
     from src_addr to dst_addr \
     nat-to ext_addr [pool_type] [static-port]
  [...]
  pass out [log] on interface [af] [proto protocol] \
     from ext_addr [port src_port] \
     to dst_addr [port dst_port]

As you can see, the pass rule says "from ext_addr".
But beneath the description of the various options, it
says:

  This would lead to a most basic form of these lines similar to this:

  match out on tl0 from 192.168.1.0/24 to any nat-to 198.51.100.1
  pass on tl0 from 192.168.1.0/24 to any

Here you can see that the "from" part is what the
above description calls the src_addr, not the
ext_addr, as it claims. This makes much more sense and
is consistent with all the other documentation that
I've seen.

So could it be a typo in the docs? Or have I missed some things?

Thanks in advance

Stephan