On 2023-06-20, Nick Holland <n...@holland-consulting.net> wrote:
> On 6/20/23 13:13, Karel Lucas wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm going to create a firewall with openBSD, and would like to use the
>> ARM64 or ARMv7 distribution for that. Unfortunately I don't know what
>> hardware I can get for this, and that's the reason for this mail. Can
>> someone point me to a suitable platform for this? If this email does not
>> belong on this mailing list, I offer my apology. This is my first post
>> on this mailing list, and ask for understanding. Sincerely, Karel.

R5S is probably most likely to fit the bill.

armv7 is probably too slow to be of all that much interest.

Be aware that OpenBSD is a bit less polished on arm platforms.
Most are at least a bit more awkward than most amd64.

> Fortunately, since there's only one speed connection, a set number of
> devices doing a fixed number of things in each location, we will have no
> problem advising you on the best choice for your application...
>
> oh, wait... :)
>
> Well, here's the HW compatibility for those platforms:
> https://www.openbsd.org/arm64.html
> https://www.openbsd.org/armv7.html

There's only partial detail of what works on the various boards, and
some need fiddling with boot loaders/device trees.