On 7/1/23 18:26, Zack Newman wrote:
As Rachel pointed out, OpenBSD 7.3 does not work with the API of that
NIC when the newest firmware is flashed. Not sure what the most recent
version of firmware that has a working API is, but it is not a problem
for me since autonegotiation works just fine. If you don't require very
long runs and EMI is not an issue, then you should be fine with the
copper solution.

Ah, I was unaware that autonegotiation was only a thing for Ethernet
over twisted pair; so my setup did not rely on autonegotiation which
makes it even less surprising that my setup works. 10 Gigabit Ethernet
only works in full-duplex, and the SFP+ DAC Twinax cables only work for
one speed (i.e., 10 Gbps). As a result, there is not much to "negotiate"
anyway. In summary if 10GSFP+Cu is acceptable, then you shouldn't worry
about the API not working on OpenBSD.