> Jul 3, 2023 14:47:57 Peter N. M. Hansteen <pe...@bsdly.net>:
>

> I had to look this up, since I had forgotten that Thinkpads used to come
> with model numbers not prefixed and/or postfixed with letters.
>
> I think one of several issues you will bump into is that the machine is
> almost a quarter century old (released April 1999 if Wikipedia is to be
> trusted),
> and you may be one of fairly few people who have kept one around this long.

indeed this device is very old
...and I am aware that it has many issues ;-)

I did run OpenBSD on that thing for a very long time and I was always happy
with it but that was starting maybe 5.x or something (I think there was
a ghostbusters like CD Box).

A while ago my small Netbook broke and I had to buy a new thinkpad . But
this new one is so heavy that I desperately remebered my old slim and
low weigth thinkpad 570.

> > This means in practice that in all likelihood, recent versions of any
> > now-useful
> > software has been only lightly tested (if at all) on that vintage hardware.

I thought about reading emails with mutt(1).