Thank you Otto, I went ahead and reached out to him directly. Just saw
a similar report come in to the mailing list so wanted to give that
update.

On Fri, Jul 14, 2023 at 07:11:22PM +0200, Otto Moerbeek wrote:
On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 09:01:13PM +0000, Ares wrote:

Howdy,

I've experienced occasional but reproducible zombie process creation
when ^D'ing a tmux pane. This is on amd64 current and have noticed the
behavior since #1279. To reproduce I simply start tmux without any
additional flags and then create and ^D about 10-20 panes. Eventually
one should hang just after the ^D print and require a tmux server
restart. I should also mention that I mfs mount /tmp since that is where
tmux saves some of its session files and according to what little I was
able to gleem from the ktrace it may be relevant. Obligatory log and
configuration files below, let me know if I missed a useful one, and
thank you:

Hi,

Don't know if nicm (the tmux maintainer) reads misc@. I you don't get
any reply after a few days see https://github.com/tmux/tmux/wiki/FAQ