Koen Van Impe wrote:
Would anyone like to share his/her experiences with a Dell Precision M70
and OpenBSD?

It just so happens I got one to toy with here for a little bit. I threw on the last 3.9-beta snapshot (Generic #617), I'll get a dmesg off of it this weekend. Didn't recognize wireless, I think it was some kind of Broadcom. Saw Ethernet as bge. I was able to start X but it came up in 640x480, I ran xorgconfig and reset the resolution for 1920x1440, and the video came up with borders on the left and right of the screen. I rebooted, and video was back to 640x480. I've been spoiled by OpenBSD "just working" on laptops recently, so I'll have to give myself a refresher on X configs to figure it out.

Speedstep says "unknown EST cpu, no changes possible"

Winmodem isn't supported, no big surprise.

Volume buttons don't work, probably have to be remapped, guess they're not in hardware.

Battery gauge doesn't seem to work.

Machine seems really FAST, but I haven't really done any benchmarks. Install (from DVD) went faster than I'm used to.

Overall, it looks like it could be nice under Open with some hacking, if you want it to "just work", maybe look at Thinkpads.