On Fri, 4 Aug 2023 16:12:49 +0200
Karel Lucas <cahlu...@planet.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> On a desktop PC on which I have openBSD, I installed KDE. When I
> start the X-window system, I still see Fvwm, and no KDE. I also want
> to start the X window system when I start this PC, and that is not
> yet the case. How can I solve both problems?

Hello,

as far as I know, KDE Plasma (the actual desktop environment) is not
ported to OpenBSD, just the KDE apps. You've installed the apps, not
the desktop environment.

If you want X to start automatically, enable the xenodm(1) service. It
will display a login interface for you. It seems to have autologin
functionality, if you want to be dropped into the desktop immediately.

To determine which desktop environment (or window manager) xenodm will
start, edit/create the .xsession file in your home directory.
  exec startxfce4
would make it start XFCE.