Hi,

I saw on NetBSD's manpages that the urtwn(4) driver, which was ported from
OpenBSD,  that their driver has IBSS support.  I checked this out and saw
it was this commit:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/usb/if_urtwn.c.diff?r1=1.25&r2=1.26&only_with_tag=MAIN&f=h

It came from OpenBSD the revision log for 1.26 says.

Can we have this in OpenBSD, please?  The initial patch doesn't look
bad to me, I can even try to port it back to OpenBSD, as long as I have
assurances that it makes it into -current.

The reason I could use this is that I don't have an access point always on
and doing IBSS between two wifi devices would work for me.

Best Regards,
-peter

--
Over thirty years experience on Unix-like Operating Systems starting with QNX.