The interactive mode of the ftp client is not compiled into the
install media.

But, the non-interactive mode is there, so you can use -o
to download files.

However, you seem to want to push files out.  That support is also
compiled out.

These things are missing because if they remained, the install media
would not fit together.  There are space constraints.  (Well, we could
split the functionality out for different sized media, but then we have
more diverse featuresets to watch for mistakes in on different media,
and that's not something we want to take on.  This simplification is
intentional.  Also you are the first person to ever ask for this in 20
years, which says noone else needs it).