Hi All,

I want to secure an openssh server with two factor authentication and
have seen the hardware token methods, most recently i've been seeing
yubi/FIDO methods.

Ideally I would like to avoid having to depend on a usb size device that
could easily be lost.

I looked around and found mention of google authenticator as an option,
phones aren't much bigger than usb sticks but people protect their phone
as if it was their soul, but the newest mention I can find is many years
old.

My question is there any recent documentation / information on setting
up an openssh server with non-hardware based two factor authentication?
This does NOT have to be google authenticator, any similar service will
suffice.

Any advice greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance.