On 2023-09-27 01:01 +02, Joel Carnat <j...@carnat.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Because of Apple Private Address feature, my static IP allocations based
> on MAC address (hardware ethernet) doesn't work anymore. Looking at
> dhcpd.leases, some devices provide a client-hostname value ; but not
> every one.
>
> Is there a dhcpd.conf configuration parameter that forces DHCP clients
> to send a client-hostname information in their DHCP request?

My understanding of the dhcp protocol is that this can't work. The
client sends a bunch of things and requests a bunch of stuff. The server
can honour that request or decline it. But it can't say: I'd give you a
lease if you'd give me a hostname.

The server can decline to give a lease without a hostname in the
request, but then the client would be left guessing why it didn't get a
lease.

--
In my defence, I have been left unsupervised.