Thanks!

Indeed, Dan has a point here as e.g. with hetzner you can easily ask for an
.iso to add for your machine and use that for installation.

With the .img format you need to use the rescue console, dd the .img yourself
and restart which is effort.

So, I would welcome an .iso, too if possible and align with other archs?