>    The problem I have is with the touchpad - it is hyper-sensitive,
> and my hand brushing the edges of it as I type scrolls my xterms
> up and down wildly.  I try to keep my hands away from it, but it's
> just inevitable.
>
>    Most of the time, I don't even use the touchpad - I prefer to
> use my little mini USB mouse instead, when I have the room.

For the archives' sake:

   It was pointed out to me offlist that disabling the pmsi and
pms options in the kernel would at least disable the touchpad,
which is definately a fine option for me (since I use the USB
mouse most of the time).

   So, using config, I saved a touchpad-less kernel, and I can
just boot into that when I like.  Oh, happy day.

Thanks!

Benny

--
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention
in human history, with the possible exceptions of handguns and