I remember reading somewhere in the project statement that OpenBSD aims to
support as many platforms as possible. But it seems there is anti-Chinese
sentiment concerning hardware. I don't know much about import/export laws and
such, like Peter said in his thread about RISC-V, is tech import bans really a
thing in the world right now?

Do developers actively work on such hardware regardless; perhaps from neutral
countries.

Are there any Chinese developers actively working on the project?

I'm kind of politically stupid, but doesn't closing off tech trade hinder peace
processes between nations?

Yes, I imagine there are backdoors.
But we have them too.
Isn't it kind of like saying,
"trust us to look through
your panty drawer;
not them."

--
"Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear
your prayer."