viq wrote:
I'm playing with OpenBSD in a virtual machine (VMWare) on my linux box. The box has two CPUs, so every once in a while I try to set the machine to have two as well - which every singe time ends in a crash after some time. Any hints as to how I could get the trace etc out of it short of typing it all on the 'real' computer? Or is that error unlikely to be a sign of a real problem?

I know using GSX for Windows you can save all the serial output to a file (on the host), then set the guest's console to output to serial. Of course that doesn't help you type "trace" and "ps", but maybe there's a way to automate that output.