On Sun, Nov 05, 2023 at 10:44:36AM +0100, Luciano Ribichini wrote:
> Hallo openbsd-mailinglist,
>
> 1) my name is Luciano, I am a long time linux user.
>
> 2) Currently I keep an eye on openbsd.
>
> 3) Thanks a lot for your work, really.
>
> 4) Having plenty of operating systems to choose from is a good thing.
>
> 5) Since I use TeX/LaTeX I ask:
>
> does Texlive work on openbsd, and does tlmgr work too?
>
> (I read that there are issues).

Basically all you have to do is to install your preferred flavor of
texlive from ports and it will just work.[1]

If by texlive you mean the one supplied by https://tug.org/texlive,
you can use the custom binary set build by Nelson Beebe.  Instructions
on how to do this can be found here:

   https://tug.org/texlive/custom-bin.html

and you will find Nelson Beebe's binary sets for OpenBSD here:

    https://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive-utah/bin/

Once this is done, you can use texlive pretty much in the same way as
under Linux and update it with tlmgr.

This is what I do.  Either way, you will have to install biber by
yourself.

> Thanks a lot again for your work
>
> Luciano

Footnotes: