On 05/12/2023 10:11, Stefan Hagen wrote:
Corl3ss wrote (2023-12-05 09:18 CET):

On 04/12/2023 23:12, Carsten Reith wrote:
Corl3ss <corl...@corl3ss.com> writes:

Hi everyone,

Everything but the microphone is working well on my Thinkpad X1 carbon 7th Gen
(20QD).

I have reviewed [1] and [2] without solution.
Below some useful data.

Have you enabled the appropriate sysctl ? (see:
https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq13.html#recordaudio)

# sysctl kern.audio.record=1
# echo kern.audio.record=1 >> /etc/sysctl.conf

Thanks Carsten for your answer !

Yes, sure (and sorry I did not mention that on my first message).

Here is a list of platforms who's microphones won't work on OpenBSD:
https://thesofproject.github.io/latest/platforms/index.html#supported-platforms

Microphones in many modern Laptops don't work. Thanks to intel smart sound
technology (Intel SST),
microphones now need a firmware (https://github.com/thesofproject/sof) and
nobody has written a
driver for OpenBSD yet.

You can use a headset on the headset port and the microphone there should work.
It's only the
builtin mic that won't do anything (even though all toggles in mixerctl /
sndioctl appear operational).

Fun part reg SOF: it doesn't build with clang, see FAQ:
https://thesofproject.github.io/latest/introduction/index.html

So - I don't think we'll see mic support for these platforms anytime soon.

Best Regards,
Stefan

Thanks a lot for your precise answer Stefan. Very kind of you.

It does not seems to work neither with the headset port but will give it another try :)

Thanks again !
Have a nice day Stefan, have a nice day all !

Corl3ss