On 2023-12-07, Joe B <jcb202...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Misc,
>
> I am configuring a couple of laptops for my kids, i had installed 70 with
> i3 and gcompris in them, its been a while since the last update so i
> decided to make a fresh install.
>
> So I installed 74 in both of them, used the autoinstall so the process was
> straightforward as always, rebooted, hw_update, syspatch, everything as
> expected.
>
> The problem comes when trying to install a package, i am trying just to of
> them: feh and gcompris, in both laptops, and i get the following errors,
> they are several since i do a few tries and then the problem goes and comes
> at different packages
>
> pkg_add: Ustar [package name, it is different every try, meaning
> lcms2-2.15.tgz, gstreamer, libass-] [?]: Error while reading header
> https://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/7.4/packages/amd64/lame-3.100p1.tgz:
> Read short file
>
> My configuration are:
> 1 laptop, re0, trying pkg_add feh
> 1 laptop, iwn0, trying pkg_add gcompris
>
> both with the same results, maybe i should try in another LAN, but could it
> be a problem with the CDN server ?

pkg_add/ftp aren't good at retrying when network connections fail.
I'd think it's more likely a problem with your network connection
than the cdn server, but you could try one of the other mirrors
listed in www.openbsd.org/ftp.html (either set in /etc/installurl
or set in the PKG_PATH environment variable; you can just use the
hostname in the latter)