On 12/7/23 7:37 AM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2023-12-06, Daniel Ouellet <dan...@presscom.net> wrote:
Any suggestion woudl be greattly appreciated.

Old boot loaders cannot boot 7.4 kernels.
Upgrade your 6.7 system to 7.3 first (the usual advice to avoid
skipping releases during upgrades applies). Then upgrade to 7.4.

Specifically the interface used for communicating system
console information between the boot loader and the kernel was changed.
There was backwards compat but sadly it was removed after one single
release.

I think this brings the total number of people I know who have been
affected by this up to 6 now.

I didn't care what's on it now. All fresh install will do.
I have 22 to do. :(

You can copy a new bootloader to the old machines and run installboot.

Hi Stuart,

Just to be clear and to help others here.

You are talking about these two files only right?

/usr/mdec/boot
/usr/sbin/installboot

or should this one below be included too? I don't think it's needed, but just want to be sure and make the info complete.

/usr/mdec/biosboot