Hi,

Since the upgrade from 7.3 to 7.4, nothing happens when I try to open
files in midnight commander by just pressing the Enter key.  This
applies to most file types as for example .pdf files or .tar.gz
archives.

For some file types, e.g. .pdf, a workaround is to edit mc.ext.ini
(Command -> Edit extension file) and replace `Type=^PDF` with
`Shell=.pdf` in the [pdf] section, which seems to mean that the regex
mechanism doesn't work anymore.  I tried to have mc use `file -b %f`
instead of `file %f` but to no avail.  (More on this mechanism at the
beginning of /etc/mc/mc.ext.ini.)

For other file types, such as .tar.gz, it's much more complicated.

Same behavior on -current.

Can others reproduce this problem?

Thanks,

-- Robert