On Tue, Dec 19, 2023 at 09:33:18AM +0100, Lars Bonnesen wrote:
> I have a physical switch with a number of VLANs and a NIC connected to a
> wireless setup. I want to have those two separated except for one
> particular VLAN that I want on the physical switch as well as on the APs.
>
> So I have vmx1 connected to the APs and vmx3 to the switch.
>
> Then some vlans that each has one of these as parents.
>
> But then for VLAN 860, I want both vmx1 and vmx3 as parent... Can't they
> have joint custody?
>
> I could of course bridge vmx1 and vmx3 - but I only want vmx1 and vmx3
> bridged for vlan 860. Does it make sense?
>
> How to achieve this? Something similar to:
>

> *vlan860: flags=8943<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,PROMISC,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu
> 1500        lladdr 00:0c:29:e0:88:9c        description: IoT        index
> 27 priority 0 llprio 3        encap: vnetid 860 parent vmx3 AND VMX1 txprio
> packet rxprio outer        groups: vlan        media: Ethernet autoselect
> (10GbaseT)        status: active*
>
> ... which of coarse does not work.
>
> Regards, Lars.

I'm not entirely sure if this is what you are asking, but I achieved
something like this by

- Creating one vlan interface on each physical interface *with the same
  vnetid, but with different names (obviously):
- veb-ing the two vlan interfaces:

I.e.:

    $ cat /etc/hostname.vlan1010
    description "VoIP WAN"