On 2023-12-18, Luca Di Gregorio <luc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The system booted, but I saw that it stopped unexpectedly after
> some time (hours or minutes) without any apparent reason.
>
> dmesg said 'acpicpu0 ... bad value ...'
> (Unfortunately I don't have a copy of this dmesg).

Use sendbug as root to create a bug report including acpi tables.
(you may want to sendbug -P > somefile and copy that elsewhere if the
machine isn't setup for email). Preferably with an unmodified kernel
so that the dmesg is complete.

Try to get a copy of the full error message too.

> So, I added these lines in /etc/bsd.re-config, to disable ACPI drivers at
> boot:
> disable acpi
> disable acpitz
> disable acpitz*
> disable acpicpu
> disable acpicpu*
> disable acpibat
> disable acpibat*
> disable acpipwrres
> disable acpipwrres*
> disable acpiprt*

why all these, when you only had an issue with acpicpu?

(since acpi is involved in so much of running the system, often
including thermal controls, that's best avoided).

> I'm not skilled enough to go further in the investigation, hopefully
> someone more skilled than me will go on deeper and discover
> the exact issue causing the unexpected stops.

I don't think there's enough information yet for somebody who doesn't
have the hardware to do anything to help.