Dear Mr. Henderson,

From your answer I understand that to use the ntp daemon the interfaces still need an IP address. Unfortunately, a GPS unit is not available or desirable, so it seems to me that I will have to do it without a calibrated time, if there is no other option.

Op 20-12-2023 om 00:04 schreef Stuart Henderson:
On 2023-12-19, Karel Lucas <cahlu...@planet.nl> wrote:
Hi all,

I am creating a bridging firewall, and am wondering if it is possible to
use the ntp daemon to ensure that all log files are timed correctly. Is
there a way to achieve that despite the fact that the network
connections do not have an IP address?
Yes, e.g. with a gps unit and nmea(4)

If you want to fetch time over the network, however, the machine will
need to have network access.