Sylvain Saboua writes:
> [vo/sdl] Using opengl
> [vo/sdl] Warning: this legacy VO has bad performance. Consider fixing
> your graphics drivers, or not forcing the sdl VO.

This message is specific to the sdl and xv outputs. The mpv manpage says:

    The recommended output driver is --vo=gpu, which is the default. All
    other drivers are for compatibility or special purposes. If the
    default does not work, it will fallback to other drivers (in the same
    order as listed by --vo=help).

So either you're specifying sdl manually (in a config file?) or the
default is not working and mpv is falling back to sdl. Can you confirm
which it is?

> What could go wrong ? I doubt that it would only be that my
> computer isn't powerful enough. I have tried different --vo
> arguments without success.

What does "without success" mean? That it continues to fall back to
sdl and print that message (say, if you specify --vo=gpu)?