On Mon, Dec 25, 2023 at 09:13:40PM +0000, jrmu wrote:
> >Synopsis:    Keyboard/trackpad issues on HP Chromebook 11 G5 Setzer
> >Category:    amd64
> >Environment:
>       System      : OpenBSD 7.4
>       Details     : OpenBSD 7.4 (GENERIC.MP) #1382: Wed Sep 27 10:51:31 MDT
> 2023
>
> dera...@amd64.openbsd.org:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
>
>       Architecture: OpenBSD.amd64
>       Machine     : amd64
>
> I installed MrChromebox firmware
> (https://mrchromebox.tech/static/fwscript.html) on an HP Chromebook 11
> G5 Setzer, then proceeded to install OpenBSD 7.4 snapshots. I was able
> to get OpenBSD to boot, built-in wifi is working but trackpad and
> keyboard are malfunctional.

This sounds very similar to what I reported in:

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-bugs&m=169030217301737&w=2

> I see this error after the login prompt:
>
> pckbc: command timeout
> pckbc: command timeout
> pckbc: command timeout
>
> The trackpad itself is not detected at all. It neither senses clicks nor
> mouse movements.

But in my case I didn't observe timeout errors and I didn't try to use
the trackpad.

It could be MrChromebox firmware is buggy or it only works in combination
with Linux distros. Since I don't have enough context to
investigate how is that firmware built I ended using that laptop as a
headless server (machdep.lidaction=0)

Miguel Landaeta, miguel at miguel.cc
secure email with PGP 0x6E608B637D8967E9 available at http://miguel.cc/key.