On 2024-01-02 19:58, Kirill A. Korinsky wrote:
On 2. Jan 2024, at 19:17, Dave Voutila <d...@sisu.io> wrote:

vmd: failed to start vm podman
vmd: vm_stop: vmd config_setvm stopping vm 3

This machine runs 4 more VM and this one (huge) should be 5th.

Try this:

# cd /dev && sh MAKEDEV tap4

By default I believe on amd64 we create tap[0-3]. You might need to
define additional special files to represent 4+ taps.

I really think that this should be documented at https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq16.html <https://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq16.html>

It's in man vm.conf, to an extend:

CAVEATS
Each guest requires one tap(4) device per assigned interface and one pty(4) device. Administrators may need to create additional devices
     using MAKEDEV(8).

Anyway, right now it fails as:

vmctl: start vm command failed: Invalid argument

and if I revert may changes (to 10G for example) at cat /etc/login.conf.d/vmd from:
vmd:\
        :datasize=100G:\
        :tc=daemon:

it's failed as (which is expected):
vmctl: start vm command failed: Cannot allocate memory

--
wbr, Kirill