Hi,

Could somebody point me to documentation or tell me where OpenBSD gets the time
from, when the system has no RTC and ntpd is not working?

I am using an EdgeRouter / octeon and at every reboot, the date/time gets reset
to the exact same date.

I tried to read the source code of boot(9) and inittodr(9). I can see, that
there seems to be a fallback to some timestamp that comes from the filesystem.
Maybe when the root filesystem is mounted as of ffs_mountroot() for example.
But my understanding did not go so far to identify from which file, directory,
superblock or other filesystem metadata the information really comes from.

It seems to me, that either my system is broken or something on octeon does not
work correctly for this fallback to happen correctly.

Kind Regards,
Christian