On Wed, Jan 24, 2024 at 11:47:53AM +1100, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> umsm(4) does the equivalent in the kernel.  DEV_UMASS5 seems most
> likely, but there are other methods to try as well.

Ah, interesting, I'll give that a go.  Looking at the code, though, it
looks like it might be doing what usb_modeswitch refers to as
--huawei-mode, whereas I need --huawei-alt-mode, and it doesn't look
like the umsm(4) code supports that.

I'll play around with it, anyway.

Do you happen to know why usb_bulk_io returns "unimplemented"?  Is it
because the libusb implementation for OpenBSD is incomplete, or because
this is genuinely not supported by OpenBSD?

Alex