On 2024-01-26, Kirill Miazine <k...@krot.org> wrote:
> here's how I can reproduce it here -- just by opening
> https://domene.shop/login page and waiting some seconds:
>
> $ firefox https://domene.shop/login
> Exiting due to channel error.
> Exiting due to channel error.
> Exiting due to channel error.
> Exiting due to channel error.
> Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[C0][GFX1-]:
> CompositorBridgeChild receives IPC close with reason=AbnormalShutdown
> (t=5.06002) [GFX1-]: CompositorBridgeChild receives IPC close with
> reason=AbnormalShutdown
> Exiting due to channel error.
> Abort trap (core dumped)
>
> should mention that this is inside Xvnc, and vnc logs has additional
> error line:
>
> PCRE2 library was built without JIT support
>
> maybe Xvnc -- or PCRE -- are somehow contributing here

The firefox port uses pledge, which is incompatible with some things done
by the swrast DRI driver (any use of pledge disables the shm syscalls,
and it's unlikely that they will be added).

https://marc.info/?t=155102313200001&r=1&w=2

You can either disable pledge in firefox (see the pkg-readme - no need to
recompile anything), or build a patched version of Mesa (the patch
in that thread will no longer work, but removing -DHAVE_SYS_SHM_H in
config.mk may do the trick - and if you go down that route, you'll
need to recompile it yourself after updates).