first, are you trolling me? :-)

I think my port to windows is more about choice for potential customers, than giving the world a virus.  Ie. if the customer would pay me money for my L7 DNS firewall, but is not able to quickly change to OpenBSD or Linux on their network, then that's where the Windows client would come in.

Until I'm ready though in setting up this firewall system, some time is going to pass.  Until then, it would be nice to offer people all versions (which are synced) for a small cost.  Think of it as a donation and you have the choice to use it on Windows, Linux, or BSD (and perhaps Mac OS).  I considered Solaris but noone uses that anymore do they?  I still have solaris 10 on an i386 bytemine firewall here, but I don't know if I should spend time on this.  I have a very strict timeline and plan for the next two years.

Take me back to 1995 I was convinced Linux was the best model for the world.  Take me back to 2000 I decided I wanted to give OpenBSD my primary focus.  Take me back to 2007, I realised sitting in a mental institution, that the program I started in 2005 was my best achievement to that date.  Take me back to 2015 I realised I need to get DNSSEC working on this, take me back to 2023 I realised that I'd never get a job as a 'sysadmin' since I was unemployed for 14 years since 2002.  I have about 200 EUR in pensions per month after retirement so I view my creation and the countless of hours I spent on it as part of my retirement bonus, so that I can retire perhaps like my dad.  And it would be nice to pay back some debts for the re-education I'm going through in the next 2 years.

Eventually we all break, until there is social changes making way for a true "digital information age".

Best,

-peter

PS: if all else fails, my backup is to become a social worker for 20 years and help people overcome their pain and poverty because AI made them irrelevant.  Coincidentally I met one person in 2003 at a job coaching event that was one of the first "victims" of digitalization that I ran into.  She was a developer of film before digital cameras, when she was canned she was 53 years old and was visibly depressed.

People shouldn't have to go through this, but media news outlets are already saying that 40% of the entire world working people will get unemployment in the foreseeable future (maybe a dozen years to go).  I battled a mental illness since 2002, I also know the pain of stigma and everything that revolves around mental illnesses.  I think I can help people as well, and perhaps open source can help these people too.  It helped me in a time when I had no job offers and I do feel I have created some worth.